Thursday, July 30, 2020

Joanne Brackeen & Clint Houston – New True Illusion (Timeless, 1976)

Joanne Brackeen (p); Clint Houston (b)

Recorded on July 15, 1976


At the time of this recording, Brackeen and Houston were members of Stan Getz's working band.  So they were very familiar with one another.

I think Brackeen was one of the most exciting pianists of the 1970s.  Even so, she's been grievously overlooked, and many of her best records remain unavailable.

Given her popular and critical neglect, I was extremely happy when she was awarded the NEA Jazz Master award in 2018.







































No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Wrap Up

I've now listed all 366 entries in my survey, one for each day of the year in 2020. Before ending the project, I wanted to share some mo...