Sunday, August 9, 2020

Randy Weston - Vishnu Wood Duo – Perspective (Denon, 1977)

Randy Weston (p); Vishnu Wood (b)

December 14, 1976


I could listen to Randy Weston all day ... and I often do!  This duo session with bassist Vishnu Wood is a consummate example of Weston's artistry.



More Randy Weston
In addition to the solo piano disc Blues to Africa (Freedom, 1975), covered earlier in this survey, here are some more Randy Weston recordings from the 1970s that I have given me much enjoyment:
- Blue Moses (CTI, 1972) 
- Tanjah (Polydor, 1973)
- Carnival (Freedom, 1974)
- African Nite (Owl/Sunnyside, 1975)
- Randy Weston Meets Himself (PAUSA, 1976)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Wrap Up

I've now listed all 366 entries in my survey, one for each day of the year in 2020. Before ending the project, I wanted to share some mo...