Saturday, November 28, 2020

Daniel Humair – Triple Hip Trip (Owl, 1979)

Daniel Humair (d, perc); David Friedman (vib); Harvie Swartz (b)

Recorded on January 2, 1979


Daniel Humair's Triple Hip Trip features a trio configuration that you don't hear every day: Drums, bass, and vibraphone.  

It works beautifully.  

I presume that most listeners living in the United States are not familiar with this record, even if they know Humair, a Swiss drummer who's been a stalwart of the European jazz scene for decades.  Triple Hip Trip was released on Frenchman Jean-Jacques Pussiau's Owl label in 1979. Unlike many Owl releases that were licensed by Inner City and/or Sunnyside, I don't think Trip Hip Trip has ever been released in North America.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Wrap Up

I've now listed all 366 entries in my survey, one for each day of the year in 2020. Before ending the project, I wanted to share some mo...