Sunday, October 18, 2020

Walter Norris & Aladár Pege – Synchronicity (Enja/Inner City, 1979)

Walter Norris (p); Aladár Pege (b)

Recorded on May 5, 1978


Synchronicity features beautiful and intense piano/bass duets in live performance.  Both the American pianist and the Hungarian bassist were virtuosos.

To the best of my knowledge, this has never been reissued in any digital format.  But I strongly suggest that anyone interested seek out the LP.  The music is revelatory.








More Walter Norris

- Drifting (Enja, 1978) - with George Mraz
- Stepping on Cracks (Progressive, 1978) - with George Mraz and Ronnie Bedford
- Winter Rose (Enja, 1980) - with Aladár Pege




1 comment:

  1. I don't like all piano-bass duos, but the ones with Walter Norris are exceptional. Synchronicity showcases the under recorded Pege, who apparently never strayed too far from Budapest. The duo with George Mraz (another Eastern European who did travel the globe) is a more standard outing while equally virtuosic.

    ReplyDelete

Project Wrap Up

I've now listed all 366 entries in my survey, one for each day of the year in 2020. Before ending the project, I wanted to share some mo...